Interesting Ramblings of a Brooklyn Girl

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Becoming a Computer Geek

I fully admit that I am not as computer savvy as most individuals, but I feel as though I am slowly but surely becoming a computer geek. I have only recently just figured out what exactly a blog looks like. I started this current blog totally clueless as to what a proper blog is to entail. I barley knew how to register at Blogger in the beginning.

But now after a month or two of writing and about eight postings under my belt, I feel like a pro. I am not only recommending blogging to everyone I meet, but I also feel I am advancing in the quality of blogs I am posting. Not only have I learned how to incorporate links into my postings of sites I think people who be interested in reading, such as my favorite website, but I also learned how to add images to my postings. It only took twenty minutes to figure out. (I'm good, right?)

I have to admit that my first few postings were quite amusing to witness. I was writing a post and did not realize that I was writing in the "edit Html" box instead of the "Compose" box. So every time I tried to post a picture or write in bold it would be written out in hypertext. I was confused as to why this kept happening and it only took me a week to fix the problem.

Maybe by the end of this semester I will be able to add an audio or video clip with a purpose to a posting? Stay tuned to find out if I can keep up my computer geek status.