Interesting Ramblings of a Brooklyn Girl

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Step 1: Admitting there is a Problem

My name is Janine and I have a problem. They say first step in facing your addiction is admitting it.

It seems that now everything in my life seems to revolve around blogging. I love to bring up blogging in every conversation I have. Just yesterday I persuaded my cousin to set up an entire blog about my six-month old godson Sean. I informed her it would be a great way to record his growth and development, plus it gives the out of town relatives a chance to see what is going on in his life.

When I am not trying to get everyone in my life to create a blog I am obsessing about my own blog. I can’t help but think “Wow that would make a great posting” with every new thing I experience. Lets not forget the amazingly clever title's that love to come to me at 3am, when I am trying to sleep. Blogging has taken over my life.

I have even figured out how to incorporate blogging into my other classes. I decided to set up a blog for my
Jewish Literature class. One of our assignments for the year is to keep a reading journal. I decided I will keep this journal digitally and post all my entries. After completing the “Who let the Blogs Out” book by Biz Stone I came to the conclusion “Why shouldn’t I share these thoughts with the public?” My thoughts are origional and should be out there for everyone to read and comment on, not just my professor.

Maybe this will spark a new craze in combining technology with the classroom. Maybe more classes will follow in the footsteps of EN/W 350.