Interesting Ramblings of a Brooklyn Girl

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

God has Reached the Net

This weekend I attended for the first time a religious ceremony that wasn’t Roman Catholic. I took part in Sunday services at a Christian Church called Liquid. This experience was very different than anything I was ever used to seeing in all my days as a practicing Catholic.

Not only was there a rock band performing before and after church, but the entire service was done on PowerPoint. There was also an announcement about the fact that the entire service was being broadcasted via the internet through a web cam.

I always knew that people had access to anything they could possibly think of through the World Wide Web, but I never thought about broadcasting a religious service online. To me it seems almost sacrilegious to watch a service over the internet and consider this fulfilling a persons weekly obligation to going to church.

What is this world coming to when we think it is acceptable to attend church online? People seem to have absolutely no reason to leave their computer screens anymore. They can receive an education, go shopping, order food, do their taxes, and now thanks to Church
Liquid they can attend a religious ceremony.

I’d say what next can the Internet bring society, but my question has recently been answered. I just came access this
article about a many who was trying to sell his soul on e bay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home