Interesting Ramblings of a Brooklyn Girl

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

An Olympic Event

Due to my hectic schedule I am unable to follow the Olympic games. But the true Patriot that I am, I want to be up to date on how well America is doing in the games. I was aware that I needed to find a good website to keep me up to date on all the events and scandals surrounding the Olympics. Basically I needed a cliff's notes guide to the events of every day.

At first I thought the best place for this information would be the
Official website of the Olympics. But that site was only giving me general information about the Olympic games in Torino. I luckily stumbled across NBC's coverage of the games, and this is exactly the type of site I wanted. This site was more focused on America and their progress. (Duh it was an American site.)

The site has video replays of competitions, news stories, and even their own blogs dedicated to Torino's events. The feature of the site that I liked the best was the fact that there was a medals chart right on the main page. This is what the Official Olympics page was lacking. When I log on to this site I want to acquire my desired information as quick as possible. That information is “How many medals do the Americans have?” and “If they are loosing, who is it to?” I like to thank NBC personally for being so user friendly.

The NBC site, like I mentioned before, offers a blog. This feature is really interesting. Being able to read commentary from people who are actually at the games. I do not recall having this first hand account of the Summer Olympics two years ago. (It is also quite possible that there were hundreds of blogs around, but I just didn't notice them.)

I have not had the time to look into it yet, but I bet it would be really interesting to find a blog written personally by an athlete participating in the games. To read the first hand accounts of their experiences competing in each event. The trials and tribulations. The wins and losses. Maybe if these athletes published a blog someone might read it and offer them a book deal. (Isn't this the main reason to write a blog?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home